Thread: Neverland Miniseries on Sci-Fi

Neverland Miniseries on Sci-Fi

Neverland is a prequel to the classic tale of Peter Pan. The show is quite well done, well acted, and dramatically presented... except for some B.A.

An orb transports the entire cast of Pan (indians, pirates, Hook, and all the kids) to another planet supposedly in the middle of the universe.

Here's the B.A.:

The pirates have been there for hundreds of years and their original captain has been making astronomical observations. She notices that there is no Polaris but Orion is in the wrong place, so she concludes they are in another galaxy.

That's so wrong on so many levels.

That's the old "galaxy" for "solar system" mistake made far too often.

Plus the "Polaris is readily identifiable and really noticeable" mistake.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

To be fair, I haven't seen this one---but, so far, Sci-Fi has absolutely destroyed anything they have got their grubby hands on. If it's anything like their other productions, BA is the least of the concerns.

I'm just surprised they didn't call it Ultrapirate Versus Megacrocodile in the vein of their other "original" productions.
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

"It is the duty of the writers to seduce me into suspending my disbelief!" Paul Beardsley

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro