Thread: UT being discussed for deletion at wikipedia. NEED YOUR SUPPORT AGAIN!

UT being discussed for deletion at wikipedia. NEED YOUR SUPPORT AGAIN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe_today

Universe Today has been nominated for a 4th time to have its page deleted. On the grounds that it isn't notable which I find ridiculous. Wikipedia is one of the largest websites on the net and losing this page would severely diminish our web presence. Many new visitors find us through that excellent encyclopedia entry.

Please join wikipedia if you haven't already and vote to 'keep' the page. Just write 'Keep' in emboldened text at the discussion section linked near the top of the article. Then add a brief description of why it is notable. Any references to mainstream media will help a lot. It will only take a few votes to stop this nomination from succeeding.

Hopefully this will be the last time we have to band together again and stop the UT haters from killing off our wikipedia page. Thanks.

I would tend (maybe even hope) to say that there are few who really hate us?---possibly dislike.

Hate is strong language and worse behavior

Quote Originally Posted by John Jaksich View Post
    I would tend (maybe even hope) to say that there are few who really hate us?---possibly dislike.

Hate is strong language and worse behavior
    It only takes one, and "Wayne Smith" really has it in for both Fraser and Phil.

Anyhow, the delete request has been denied for now. It sounds as if improving the page itself might help keep it.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

The text in the last paragraph is pretty negative, maybe a little more about the history and goals of UT?

That last paragraph seems to state the reverse of what actually was said.

Fraser said he wouldn't even attempt to cover stories under embargo. He will need to see a public announcement first, then he may or may not cover it. He specifically stated he expected to be slower than other outlets. That paragraph makes it sound like he is trying to report on embargoed stories early.
    Solfe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Triangles are my favorite shape
    "Three points where two lines meet"
    Tessellate, Alt-J