Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO found on ocean floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    I think it is the Yonaguni "pyramid". (Beautiful part of the world, by the way.)
    Yep; That's it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
    If the believers themselves perform the dive, they can argue that it's an alien spacecraft cleverly disguised as a rock, and identify some sort of obscure anomaly in the rock samples to prove it can't be "real" rock.
    Maybe James Trevor Constable is right after all and the mystery object is a shed exoskeleton of a sky creature:
    http://www.tarrdaniel.com/documents/...ycritters.html
    The dog, the dog, he's at it again!

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    What is a "real" UFO?
    Underwater Fundraising Object?

Quote Originally Posted by phunk View Post
    Underwater Fundraising Object?
    Says the man with the scuba avatar.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Says the man with the scuba avatar.
    Well, I'm not asking anyone else to pay for my diving.

Looks like they finally got their funding! "Ocean X team" is on the site, actually doing the diving! At least according to the Ocean Explorer site:
    http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Since it doesn't let one hotlink to the news items (or I don't see how it does so), I'll quote the most relevant bitz here for posterity:
    2012-06-07 [...] 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath.
    More information is promised for this week! Exciting times

The log says they bought a ship, and have found excessive radiation. 2 or 3 km from the ring? Also:
    2012-03-16
    Ocean X Team has now signed a partnership agreement with Titan TV production.
    Titan TV will produce a TV documentary series and documantary film for an international audience.
    The production starts in April, see more at: www.balticcowboys.com
    Baltic Cowboys!
    www.balticcowboys.com
    Just a video and a link to previous link

Quite, the Titan TV connection prolly explains from where OE got the money they wanted in order to actually do some diving:
    http://www.titan.se/index.php?page=home&lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by tnjrp View Post
    Looks like they finally got their funding! "Ocean X team" is on the site, actually doing the diving! At least according to the Ocean Explorer site:
    http://www.oceanexplorer.se/

Since it doesn't let one hotlink to the news items (or I don't see how it does so), I'll quote the most relevant bitz here for posterity:

More information is promised for this week! Exciting times
    wonder if they found anything interesting or not.

So I’m watching an old movie, of mid 1940s time period, with Humphrey Bogart as the star. In the movie, he is sitting in the front passenger’s seat of an old 1940’s convertible, (Chevy, Ford I don’t know) . Driving the car is a beautiful blond (not sure; movie is B&W). The wind is whipping the blonde’s hair left and right, across her face and eyes , in a very sexy manner. The camera pans to Humphrey, he’s wearing a hat, one of those fedoras all men wore in those days (my father did). But the hat sits solidly on Humphrey’s head, not flapping or moving, stuck to his head as if it was concreted in place.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Stojk View Post
    wonder if they found anything interesting or not.
    Haven't heard a peep from the Ocean X Team since June 7th. They are obviously so busy and excited they can't be bothered to update their site, inform the press or anything really.

---

Haven't heard a peep from the Ocean X Team since June 7th. They are obviously so busy and excited they can't be bothered to update their site, inform the press or anything really.
    Santa never showed up at my house last Christmas.

The Sphere is busy messing with their memories....

I know, from every sea exploration movie I have ever watched, that no matter where or when you attempt such a thing, there will be some sort of massive storm blow up, and cause you to lose communications with land, and the dive team to lose contact with the surface. I would guess that these are the types of conditions they face.

Maybe giant sharks, or squid joining in...

TJ

And somewhere down there someone just peeled out of her wetsuit. And the lowest ranking member of the team asked, did you guys hear that?

Why? what noise did she make 'peeling out of her wetsuit'?
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

zzzzzzzip. But anyway, awaiting the next update of the dive team...

Quote Originally Posted by TJMac View Post
    I know, from every sea exploration movie I have ever watched, that no matter where or when you attempt such a thing, there will be some sort of massive storm blow up, and cause you to lose communications with land, and the dive team to lose contact with the surface.
    Just movie?
    That's just about any documentary that I see anymore. There's alway seems to be some "deadline" that they are up against to add drama to the documentary and they tend to play up the snags or fears.
    (Anybody remember hearing the often repeated phrase "watch out Jim" from Marlin Perkins?)

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    (Anybody remember hearing the often repeated phrase "watch out Jim" from Marlin Perkins?)
    "Like extraterrestrials covering a corn field with weird patterns, so will Mutual of Ohama cover all your insurance needs"
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Marlin Perkins is alive and well.

new updates from Ocean Exporer

Treasure hunters confirm they have found something abnormal in the seabed
    STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 15, 2012
    The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

“During my 20-year diving career, including 6000 dives, I have never seen anything like this. Normally stones don’t burn. I can’t explain what we saw, and I went down there to answer questions, but I came up with even more questions “, says Stefan Hogeborn, one of the divers at Ocean X Team.

The path to the object itself can be described as a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it.

“First we thought this was only stone, but this is something else. And since no volcanic activity has ever been reported in the Baltic Sea the find becomes even stranger. As laymen we can only speculate how this is made by nature, but this is the strangest thing I have ever experienced as a professional diver“, continues Peter Lindberg, one of the founder Ocean X Team.

Right now, scientists are examining samples from the circle-shaped object, and experts in sonar imaging are processing data from the ship to hopefully shed more light over the mysterious object.

Hope they've got an archeologist on the team

Or a geologist. Sounds like they found some rocks. Big surprise.

...the object appeared more as a huge mushroom...
    I, for one, welcome our new fungal overlords.
    (Someone had to say it )

Personally, I'm tired of "documentaries" that start out with, "Have they found conclusive evidence of [aliens | bigfoot |nessie | etc?]," and conclude with "more investigation is necessary."
    I usually switch channels immediately after the question is asked. If they really found evidence, I would have heard about it in the media, and not have to wait for some cable documentary.

I hope they find something interesting, but suspect such a documentary will be the final result.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

A ritual paleo site would be interesting, very interesting. A big problem in archeology today is that a large part of our history is submerged: doggerland, solutrean migration etc., but not nearly as exciting as fungal overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I, for one, welcome our new fungal overlords.
    (Someone had to say it )

Personally, I'm tired of "documentaries" that start out with, "Have they found conclusive evidence of [aliens | bigfoot |nessie | etc?]," and conclude with "more investigation is necessary."
    I usually switch channels immediately after the question is asked. If they really found evidence, I would have heard about it in the media, and not have to wait for some cable documentary.

I hope they find something interesting, but suspect such a documentary will be the final result.
    It really does feel that way. That last update reads like it's right out of an Ancient Aliens episode.

Just wondering, is Jaime Maussan (or a clone) their PR consultant?

It all sounds as if brewed to a familiar recipe..

Now for the skycritters to clean up their blue ice...

Oh dear. The Daily Mail has the story today as a headline, converting weak supposition into a 'fact'. A fact in Daily Mail terms is usually a complete and utter fabrication. Note the comparison photo of a spacecraft, proving it must be true, plus the runway. It appears "experts are baffled" which is what they always say when something is not quite explained.

" His son is working for 'the daily mail'; it's a steady job..... but he wants to be a "Paper Back Writer".....
    And they 'can' change it 'round if ya like the style....