Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Why dark matter does not emit photon?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76

    Why dark matter does not emit photon?

    Hello
    I’m sorry. I can’t English well. My native language is not English....


    We are now living in the era of new revolution.
    Are we again treading on the process of huge revolution that occurred in the late 19th century and the early 20th century?

    The current observation of dark matter requires explanation on two important situations as the following.

    Situation 1: Denial of the gravitational (attractive) phenomenon
    Dark matter is five times more than the general matter, but it does not show macro-structure like the structure of galaxy or galaxy cluster, or micro-structure like fixed star or planet. The result of the current observation is that dark matter has attractive interaction with the general matter, but does not interact with the other dark matter. In other words, the observation or interpretation is that dark matters do not exert gravity(attraction) on each other.

    Situation 2: Denial of the fundamental phenomenon of physics that absorbs or emits photons
    It is not the level that dark matter has not interacts electromagnetically because it is electrically neutral, but the observation result is the level that dark matter does not emits or absorbs photons.

    From the several explanations above(refer to my old thread or my paper), Situation 1 shows that the essence of dark matter is negative mass, and that consequently they have the repulsive gravitational effect, so it can be explained.

    In regard to Situation 2, without giving that kind of characteristics of “the observation result that seems to be that it does not emit or absorb photons” from the first, can this kind of result be induced from other basic principle?


    A. Negative mass is stable at the state of high energy.



    Fig1. ,
    ,(). The acceleration of negative mass is opposite of the direction of force, and in case of negative mass, it does harmonic oscillation at the maximum point and is stable at the maximum point.

    B. The problem of transition from positive energy level to negative energy level
    Since we do not know clearly about the characteristics of negative mass yet, we do not know whether transition of positive mass at the positive energy level to negative energy level is possible or not.



    Fig2. Transition to the negative energy level

    However, for positive mass to enter the area of negative energy level, energy should have the negative value, and this means that it should have the characteristics of the negative mass.
    When considering the process of entering the domain of negative energy level from positive energy level, it must pass through the domain between 0 and . In case it follows the laws of negative mass because it's in the domain of negative energy, it cannot reach ,which is the first energy level of negative, because it is stable at the state of high energy, and it tries to have higher value of energy. It is because the energy level is much higher than the energy level . That is to say that it shows possibility that the law of negative mass itself does not allow the situation where positive mass at the positive energy level succeed to the negative energy level.

    Even if it reaches , the first energy level, at the negative energy level, it must follow the law of negative mass, it is stable at the state of high energy, and thus “the problem of the transition of the energy level of minus infinity” does not occur.

    As we have examined above, “the problem of the transition of the energy level of minus infinity” does not occur, and thus positive mass and negative mass can exist in the same spacetime. This is a very important result because it means that negative mass and negative energy can exist stably in our universe.

    (This finding suggests that “the problem of the transition of the energy level of minus infinity”, which we have had for eighty years regardless of whether negative mass exists or not, does not occur, and it itself has important meaning. Thus, it needs to be reflected in the teachings that are being performed when explaining the solution to negative energy, which the relativistic energy eq. suggests.)


    In regard to Situation 2, without giving that kind of characteristics of “the observation result that seems to be that it does not emit or absorb photons” from the first, can this kind of result be induced from other basic principle?

    Now, to think about this problem,

    C. Why dark matter does not emit photon?
    1) The process of negative mass emitting photon

    : Initial energy of negative mass,
    : Energy of photon

    The relational expression above means that if negative mass emits photon(with positive energy), then the energy after emitting gets lower than the energy before emitting.

    Negative mass is stable at the state of high energy, so the voluntary transition that negative mass emits photon and succeeds to the lower energy level does not exist. Therefore, negative mass explains the result of the current observation that dark matter does not emit photon from the fundamental principle.

    2) The process of negative mass absorbing photon
    Based on the inference so far, I think that there exists a process of negative mass absorbing photon.



    If negative mass absorbs photon, then it means that the energy after the absorption gets increased more than the energy before the absorption.

    However, since negative mass is usually distributed outside the galactic system, it does not interrupt path of light from a star in galaxy at all. Since it is distributed almost equally throughout the entire universe due to its repulsive characteristic as negative mass, it is deemed that instances of colliding with photon from other outside galaxy or absorbing photon are not many.

    Also, if negative mass is reached a stable state, after moving for a long time to become stable, then it is assumed that the process of absorbing photon will occur under limited conditions as well.

    All kinds of restricting conditions (conservation conditions) exist in the process of becoming positive mass or succeeding to higher energy level because negative mass absorbed positive energy, then absorption of photon can be highly limited due to these kinds of restricting conditions.

    * The explanation on why dark matter does not emit photon is enough with this. In my paper, more various situations are set-up.

    ---Icarus2

    Negative Mass is Stable at the State of High Energy
    http://vixra.org/abs/1107.0052
    Last edited by icarus2; 2011-Jul-28 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a long way away
    Posts
    9,000
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    Hello
    Hello

    In other words, the observation or interpretation is that dark matters do not exert gravity on each other.
    This is false. Dark matter does interact gravitationally with everything, including dark matter.

    I wonder if it is worth reading more ...

    It is not the level that dark matter has not interacts electromagnetically because it is electrically neutral, but the observation result is the level that dark matter emits or absorbs photons.
    This is false. Dark matter does not emit or absorb photons. Clearly not worth reading any further.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Strange.

    I’m sorry. I can’t English well. My native language is not English....

    It is typo by translation. Again I'm sorry.
    Last edited by icarus2; 2011-Jul-28 at 04:31 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    6,912
    I started to read: http://vixra.org/abs/1107.0052. Is this your paper?

    On page two, in the second column is a formula E^2=(m0c^2)^2+(pc)^2, immediately followed by E=-sqrt(m0c^2)^2+(pc)^2. Where does the minus come from and why isn't E=(m0c^2)+(pc) a better form?
    Solfe

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Greetings,

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post


    Fig2. Transition to the negative energy level
    Figure 2 above appears to be potential energy surfaces that I assume are to reflect the characteristics of your hypothesis regarding dark matter. If my interpretation is correct, the potential surface is then a function of what? Also, you illustrate what appear to be energy levels quantized according to . What internal structural feature of your proposed dark matter accounts for the existence of those quantized energy levels? is the angular frequency of what motion or angular momentum? Why half-integral quantum numbers? What are the proposed selection rules for transitions under what operators?

    Best regards,
    EigenState

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I started to read: http://vixra.org/abs/1107.0052. Is this your paper?

    On page two, in the second column is a formula E^2=(m0c^2)^2+(pc)^2, immediately followed by E=-sqrt(m0c^2)^2+(pc)^2. Where does the minus come from and why isn't E=(m0c^2)+(pc) a better form?
    It is my paper.

    .
    Solutions are and .
    In other words, negative mass(energy) is also a solution.

    -----------
    why isn't E=(m0c^2)+(pc) a better form?
    -----------
    What do you mean?
    ----> (wrong eq.)
    ----> (right eq.)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Greetings,

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    In other words, negative mass(energy) is also a solution.
    Negative energy is an equally valid solution. The sign on the mass term is not relevant given that it is raised to the second power.

    Also, please address the direct questions I posted above. Thank you.

    Best regards,
    EigenState

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by EigenState View Post
    Greetings,



    Figure 2 above appears to be potential energy surfaces that I assume are to reflect the characteristics of your hypothesis regarding dark matter. If my interpretation is correct, the potential surface is then a function of what? Also, you illustrate what appear to be energy levels quantized according to . What internal structural feature of your proposed dark matter accounts for the existence of those quantized energy levels? is the angular frequency of what motion or angular momentum? Why half-integral quantum numbers? What are the proposed selection rules for transitions under what operators?

    Best regards,
    EigenState
    It is simple harmonic oscillation of negative mass.
    So, potential is function of displacement^2.

    Refer to my paper 3P.
    It is explanation for general properties of negative mass. So, it does not mean that dark matter has a .

    Have a nice day!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    What do you mean?
    ----> (wrong eq.)
    ----> (right eq.)
    You do realize that:



    can be broken up into the components:



    which can then be reduced to: .

    The two equations, one, you claim is correct, the other, you claim is wrong, are the same, one has just been reduced to it's lowest form. You want to explain you consider it incorrect?


    disregard.
    Last edited by Tensor; 2011-Jul-30 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Stupid mistakes when tired.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    18,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensor View Post
    You do realize that:



    can be broken up into the components:

    Erhm, I don't think square roots work quite that way.


    __________________________________________________
    Reductionist and proud of it.

    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    Erhm, I don't think square roots work quite that way.


    I should of went to bed an hour ago. That'll teach teach me to try and do something when I'm yawning. T

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Depew, NY
    Posts
    6,912
    Post removed and claim retracted. Your English isn't very bad at all, but boy are my LaTex and codecogs skills are rotten.
    Solfe

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Greetings,

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    It is simple harmonic oscillation of negative mass.
    So, potential is function of displacement^2.
    "Simple harmonic oscillation" implies the existence of one or more vibrational degrees of freedom. Vibrational degrees of freedom require bound configurations, that is at the very least the equivalent to a diatomic molecule. Are you asserting that dark matter is molecular? If not, your potential surfaces and quantized energy levels are utterly fabricated.

    Allow me to restate my questions in modified form here for convenience:

    ES1. Are you postulating that dark matter is composed of distinct "point particles" or bound structures of two or more particles? If "point particles", what exactly is it that corresponds to "simple harmonic oscillation"? If bound structures of two or more particles, how are those structures bound?

    ES2. What is the explicit mathematical form of the potential?

    ES3. The "energy levels" included within your Figure 2 correspond to what internal structural physical phenomenon?

    ES4. What is the physical significance of the omega term that you use?

    ES5. What is the derivation that leads to half-integral quantum numbers?

    ES6. What are the proposed selection rules for transitions under what operators?

    Please post fully substantive and responsive answers here rather than referring me to your paper posted at another website.

    Best regards,
    EigenState

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    a long way away
    Posts
    9,000
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    In other words, the observation or interpretation is that dark matters do not exert gravity(attraction) on each other.
    What observations support your claim that dark matter does not gravitationally interact with itself?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    It is simple harmonic oscillation of negative mass.
    So, potential is function of displacement^2.

    Refer to my paper 3P.
    It is explanation for general properties of negative mass. So, it does not mean that dark matter has a .

    Have a nice day!
    If inertial mass is negative then what happens under the force law for shm

    dp/dt = -k.x

    where for non-relativistic particles p = m.dx/dt ?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76

    Dark matter is Negative mass!

    Quote Originally Posted by EigenState View Post
    ES1. Are you postulating that dark matter is composed of distinct "point particles" or bound structures of two or more particles? If "point particles", what exactly is it that corresponds to "simple harmonic oscillation"? If bound structures of two or more particles, how are those structures bound?
    In my opinion, dark matter is composed of distinct "point particles"

    In physics, Simple Harmonic Oscillation is a basic and very important phenomenon.

    In many cases, force can be Taylor expansion around a certain reference point, and x^2 or more can be neglected by the assumption of small displacement x. Therefore, in many cases, motion can be approximated by Simple Harmonic Oscillation.

    Simple Harmonic Oscillation shows the nature of positive mass well. Likewise, Simple Harmonic Oscillation shows the nature of negative mass well.

    This does not mean that dark matter does simple harmonic oscillation.

    ======In paper======
    The law of motion of negative mass and positive mass
    -----------
    -........... +

    fig02. Negative mass - and positive mass + (initial velocity =0, , )





    Negative mass and positive mass : Negative mass is accelerated in the direction of positive mass, and positive mass is accelerated in the direction to be far away from negative mass. The direction of acceleration a1 worked on negative mass is , so moves in the direction of reducing distance r, and the direction of acceleration a2 worked on positive mass is , so positive mass is accelerated in the direction that distance r increases, namely the direction of being far away from negative mass

    If the absolute value of positive mass is bigger than that of negative mass, they will meet within finite time(attractive effect), and if the absolute value of positive mass is smaller than that of negative mass, the distance between them will be bigger, and they cannot meet(repulsive effect). The type of force is repulsion, so the potential energy has positive value.

    Let's take a look at the case where the absolute value of the positive mass is very bigger than the absolute value of the negative mass.




    The acceleration of the negative mass is
    . Yet, this is the same as the acceleration of the positive mass that has small size around a massive positive mass.

    In other words, if there is the minimalist negative mass on the surface of the earth, this means that it falls in the direction of the center of the earth like the positive mass. The motion of negative mass around the massive positive mass is very similar to that of the positive mass around the massive positive mass.

    If there is negative mass around a massive positive mass, then the negative mass gets affected by the attractive effect, and consequently, it becomes clustered around the massive positive mass.

    This characteristic seems to be related to the highly strange natures that the dark matter currently has. For more detailed information, refer to Chapter III-C.
    =============

    If "point particles", what exactly is it that corresponds to "simple harmonic oscillation"?
    In relation to this question, it is likely that dark matters clustered around the galaxy move periodically.

    As the galaxy rotates, dark matters outside the galaxy rotate around the galaxy. Therefore, it is likely that dark matters bound to galactic gravity move periodically.

    On the other hand, negative masses in the void region far away from the cluster of galaxies will be uniformly distributed.


    Refer to above video : time 2:00 ~ 7:02

    ES2. What is the explicit mathematical form of the potential?
    This is a situation that shows the nature of negative mass.
    In this case,


    ES3. The "energy levels" included within your Figure 2 correspond to what internal structural physical phenomenon?
    Negative mass trapped in the potential hills having maximum points.

    ES4. What is the physical significance of the omega term that you use?
    omega =angular frequency

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76

    Angry The problem of transition from positive energy level to negative energy level

    Quote Originally Posted by EigenState View Post
    ES5. What is the derivation that leads to half-integral quantum numbers?
    Refer to my paper "E-2. The interpretation of negative energy level from the perspective of Quantum Mechanics"

    In Classical mechanics, , So,

    In Quantum Mechanics,



    Hamiltonian of negative mass (in harmonic oscillation)


    a (annihilation operator) and (creation operator) are defined


    N() is



    Eigen value of number operator N
    If , then



    Therefore,


    Ground state of negative mass is n=0 state. Eigen value is , first-excite state .

    In the world of positive mass, ground state is a point that energy is low, but in case of negative mass, ground state is a point that energy is the highest. Accordingly, in the world of negative mass, energy level is filled from the highest to the lowest, and stable state means the highest energy state, so the catastrophe to energy level of minus infinite never happens even if negative mass spontaneously emits energy.

    ES5. What is the derivation that leads to half-integral quantum numbers?
    half-integral quantum numbers?

    In case of harmonic oscillation of positive mass, half-integer quantum numbers is also exist.
    In case of positive mass, what is the derivation that leads to half-integer quantum numbers?
    Can you answer to this question?



    ===================
    ES6. What are the proposed selection rules for transitions under what operators?
    a : annihilation operator, : Creation operation













    In the problem of transition from positive energy level to negative energy level, two possibilities are exists.

    1. Transition is forbidden.
    When considering the process of entering the domain of negative energy level from positive energy level, it must pass through the domain between 0 and . In case it follows the laws of negative mass because it's in the domain of negative energy, it cannot reach ,which is the first energy level of negative, because it is stable at the state of high energy, and it tries to have higher value of energy. It is because the energy level is much higher than the energy level .

    That is to say that it shows possibility that the law of negative mass itself does not allow the situation where positive mass at the positive energy level succeed to the negative energy level.

    2. Transition is permitted.
    Tunneling effect, according to the Principle of Uncertainty, is likely to permeate the potential barrier. In the Principle of Uncertainty, it is likely to transfer positive energy level to negative energy level and from negative energy level to positive energy level.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76

    Dark matter has the repulsive gravitational effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    What observations support your claim that dark matter does not gravitationally interact with itself?
    1. Dark matter is five times more than the general matter, but it does not show macro-structure like the structure of galaxy or galaxy cluster, or micro-structure like fixed star or planet.

    2. Dark matter does not attractive interact with the other dark matter.
    Ex. Bullet Cluster

    From the several explanations above(refer to my old thread or my paper), Above situation shows that the essence of dark matter is negative mass, and that consequently they have the repulsive gravitational effect, so it can be explained.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,033
    Greetings,

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus2 View Post
    In my opinion, dark matter is composed of distinct "point particles"

    In physics, Simple Harmonic Oscillation is a basic and very important phenomenon.
    Allow me to begin at this level alone. Since when do point particles experience harmonic oscillation unless two or more such point particles are bound to one another, at which time the oscillatory motion is applicable only to the bound system? Are you telling us that an isolated free electron, an isolated free proton, or even an isolated atom experiences harmonic motion? If so, please cite experimental evidence from the peer-reviewed scientific literature supporting that claim.

    The rest of your "explanation" is nothing more than a bizarre utilization of the quantum harmonic oscillator via Hooke's law that is a reasonable first-order approximation of the vibrational states of a diatomic molecule. Your potential energy surface is an utter fabrication as are your quantum states. And obviously, omega is an angular frequency--but what angular frequency? And for the record, vibrational quantum numbers are certainly not half-integral--the energy eigenvalues are half-integral.

    Best regards,
    EigenState

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Matter, Dark-Matter, Missing Matter
    By transreality in forum Space/Astronomy Questions and Answers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2011-Mar-11, 09:32 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2010-Nov-17, 06:24 PM
  3. When does a photon turn into matter?
    By robross in forum Space/Astronomy Questions and Answers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2009-Aug-01, 08:40 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-Apr-23, 04:04 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-Aug-27, 06:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
here
The forum is sponsored in-part by: