Thread: [I discovered the Graviton]

[I discovered the Graviton]

You guys have a lot of interesting questions. It's strange that you never asked me, I'm the physicist who discovered the graviton in 2,002.
    Maybe this will help: Like everyone else I was looking for something that attracts, but could find nothing. So, on a whim I thought, how about something that pushes ?
    And there it was, a particle. Someone in a chat said call it the graviton, and it stuck. It's an amazing particle. They orbit all atoms, like an electron, only charge-less and in huge orbits. It has a tiny mass, and it orbits at tremendous speeds.
    It creates gravity by simply bumping into everything. It applies a weak force partly because most gravitons pass right through matter in the spaces between the atoms.
    I have actually detected gravitons using something called a Graviton Sphere.

Alfred Schrader May26, 2011

Can you tell us how this Graviton Sphere works, and provide evidence of these particles?
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

"It is the duty of the writers to seduce me into suspending my disbelief!" Paul Beardsley

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

Quote Originally Posted by alfredschrader View Post
    I'm the physicist who discovered the graviton in 2,002.
    Do you mean "discovered" as in experimental evidence or "invented"?

Why has no one ever heard of this great discovery?

Oh, hang one, "pushing gravity"? Didn't that go out of fashion about 300 years ago?

"The hypothesis is that the gravitational interaction is likewise mediated by a – yet undiscovered – elementary particle, dubbed the graviton"

"Unambiguous detection of individual gravitons, though not prohibited by any fundamental law, is impossible with any physically reasonable detector. The reason is the extremely low cross section for the interaction of gravitons with matter. For example, a detector with the mass of Jupiter and 100% efficiency, placed in close orbit around a neutron star, would only be expected to observe one graviton every 10 years, even under the most favorable conditions."

wiki: graviton

Now under ATM rules. Please check out the links in my sig for rules and advice.
    Thank you, members of cosmoquest forum, you are a part of my life I value.

You guys have a lot of interesting questions. It's strange that you never asked me, I'm the physicist who discovered the graviton in 2,002.
    Maybe this will help: Like everyone else I was looking for something that attracts, but could find nothing. So, on a whim I thought, how about something that pushes ?
    And there it was, a particle. Someone in a chat said call it the graviton, and it stuck. It's an amazing particle. They orbit all atoms, like an electron, only charge-less and in huge orbits. It has a tiny mass, and it orbits at tremendous speeds.
    What is the spin of the graviton?
    What is/are the energy level(s) associated with this "tremendous speed"?
    What is this tiny mass compared to that of an electron?

It creates gravity by simply bumping into everything. It applies a weak force partly because most gravitons pass right through matter in the spaces between the atoms.
    Of the four fundamental forces, which is associated with the graviton interaction? Hint: "Bumping" is not a valid answer.

The folks I work with would never describe a device based on what its "called," but on how it functions. On what principle(s) does this "sphere" operate?

And since it's been brought up, what is the cross section of a graviton? Please express as a function of graviton energy and material property.

Given that electrons don't orbit atoms (they inhabit orbitals associated with atoms) what would be a more accurate description of your hypothetical particle's spatial distribution? What exclusion principle comes into play to split enrgy levels and hence orbitals, or are you claiming some sort of degenerate orbital which all of your proposed particles inhabit? Given that you have said that orbits can be 'out to the edge of the 'Milky Way' I am guessing you advocate some for of energy level splitting.

Back in 2009 I think you said that you were going to write a paper on this (although IIRC you also said that you would not because internet boards were going to obsolete journals) - any luck on that? At the time you said that your discoveries were advancing too fast to write about. Have they stabilised?

Oh - and what is the secret ingredient in KFC?
    Last edited by Shaula; 2011-May-27 at 05:18 AM. Reason: removed the word 'be' to fix a sentence

, I'm the physicist who discovered the graviton in 2,002.
    Really? Why did you keep it secret for 9 years? why are you unveiling your discovery only now? Why to us and not in a reputable journal, like Nature?

Quote Originally Posted by Usher View Post
    What is the spin of the graviton?
    What is/are the energy level(s) associated with this "tremendous speed"?
    What is this tiny mass compared to that of an electron?

Of the four fundamental forces, which is associated with the graviton interaction? Hint: "Bumping" is not a valid answer.

The folks I work with would never describe a device based on what its "called," but on how it functions. On what principle(s) does this "sphere" operate?

And since it's been brought up, what is the cross section of a graviton? Please express as a function of graviton energy and material property.
    Alfred Schrader seem to provide some -clues- on that other board :
    http://dorigo.wordpress.com/2007/02/...tino-searches/

2. Alfred Schrader - September 11, 2009

When I discovered the Graviton, I didn’t expect all of this.
    Here are a few details that might help- It does have mass.
    It has a velocity exceeding 10,000 times the speed of light.
    It appears in various orbits, from a few millimeters out to the edge of our Milky Way galaxy. All atoms have at least one Graviton in orbit around the nucleus. It creates gravity & inertia by “bumping” into other atoms.
    Hope this helps you guys,

Alfred Schrader

It has a velocity exceeding 10,000 times the speed of light.
    I'm just going to let that speak for itself.
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

"It is the duty of the writers to seduce me into suspending my disbelief!" Paul Beardsley

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

Some observations, please? Hint: claiming that gravity demonstrates the existence of your graviton is not an observation. Read the stickies for ATM, and the note below, and heed the previous posters.
    I'm not a hardnosed mainstreamer; I just like the observations, theories, predictions, and results to match.

"Mainstream isn’t a faith system. It is a verified body of work that must be taken into account if you wish to add to that body of work, or if you want to change the conclusions of that body of work." - korjik

"Alfred Herman Schrader"
    Aliases: Chef Alfred Schrader

Searches yeilded no hits other then various other forums where he made the same claim, and likewise also did not return to those places to discuss them. Unable to locate any verifiable credentials or published research.

Likely this is just a drive by posting.

*Edited to add*

Suposedly his detection of Gravitons involved something he calls a Graviton Sphere, and which he describes elsewhere as:

A Graviton Sphere is a solid steel ball with a highly polished surface and is absolutely spherical. It is placed on something called a Surface Plate which is a large slab of solid granite with an absolutely flat polished, level surface....Alfred~

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    I'm just going to let that speak for itself.
    I'm still mystified about the earlier reference to KFC, but I suppose it has something more to do with his chef credentials than with his physics background?

He made the same claims back in October 2009 (resurrecting a year-old-at-the-time thread). No elaboration or answers then, either.

Fred
    "For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
    -- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684

It appears in various orbits, from a few millimeters out to the edge of our Milky Way galaxy. All atoms have at least one Graviton in orbit around the nucleus. It creates gravity & inertia by “bumping” into other atoms.
    Has the theoretical basis of the graviton ever linked it to inertia?

Also, if the lower bound for orbital radius of the graviton is a few millimetres, then how can be orbiting round individual atoms?

Reminds me of kibo

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Reminds me of kibo
    They discovered the graviton on the International Space Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo Kaplan View Post
    I'm still mystified about the earlier reference to KFC, but I suppose it has something more to do with his chef credentials than with his physics background?
    A previous one of the claims made alongside this one. As it is irrelevant to this forum I will not be rude and chase it up - suffice to say that a post very like this has appeared all over the place on the web. Also other claims that would make me want evidence. FWIW I have changed the definition of a graviton at definition-of.com to be a little closer to the mainstream. Better ones or edits would be appreciated. Or just a thumbs up to avoid it being changed back. I did explain why I was offering up a new definition though so hopefully...

I've found your explanation of what a "graviton sphere" is but it is vague and wishy washy in how it is made and how it works.

A Graviton Sphere is a solid steel ball with a highly polished surface and is absolutely spherical. It is placed on something called a Surface Plate which is a large slab of solid granite with an absolutely flat polished, level surface....Alfred~
    What do you mean by "absolutely spherical"? Is it spherical to what tolerance? What type of steel is used? How big is this steel sphere?

How is the granite surface polished? Why granite? What properties does the granite have that other surfaces do not?

How do these 2 items "detect" the graviton? What result occurs that would not occur in other models?

It's strange that you never asked me
    I find this most amusing as the OP has a grand total of *three* posts in two years. As if you're so legendary that we should know who you are

Not only is this one of the, I'm sorry, stupidest claims I've ever heard, I'm astounded at the politeness of everyone here. And I don't even read much of the ATM section

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peter eldergill View Post
    Not only is this one of the, I'm sorry, stupidest claims I've ever heard, I'm astounded at the politeness of everyone here. And I don't even read much of the ATM section
    BAUT prides itself politeness. Your comment however was not polite. Debate the idea, but just calling it stupid is not helpful.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

alfredschrader,

Just dropping these kinds of claims into BAUT and disappearing is not proper behavior. You either need to answer questions put to you and discuss your idea, or this thread will be closed. And this thread is your last chance to discuss your idea on BAUT, so you need to make use of it.

As a Tool & Die maker of many years, I have quite a bit of experience with granite surface plates. Granite is used because it is incredibly stable, and because in WWII era, it was available when all metal was being consumed by the war effort.

Traditionally, two plates are ground at the same time, with the faces rubbing each other, using a fine abrasive. Obviously, with this technique, the high spots are removed and a very flat plane is achieved. Every plate I have used, including my own personal one, is serial numbered, and certified by the NIST. I am not sure of the exact surface quality, but they tend to be very smooth, so as to allow gages to slide over the surface.

They are quite common in the inspection and quality control areas of manufacturing. That said, I have no clue how this gentleman used one in conjunction with a polished steel sphere to discover anything.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by TJMac View Post
    As a Tool & Die maker of many years, I have quite a bit of experience with granite surface plates. Granite is used because it is incredibly stable, and because in WWII era, it was available when all metal was being consumed by the war effort.

Traditionally, two plates are ground at the same time, with the faces rubbing each other, using a fine abrasive. Obviously, with this technique, the high spots are removed and a very flat plane is achieved. Every plate I have used, including my own personal one, is serial numbered, and certified by the NIST. I am not sure of the exact surface quality, but they tend to be very smooth, so as to allow gages to slide over the surface.

They are quite common in the inspection and quality control areas of manufacturing. That said, I have no clue how this gentleman used one in conjunction with a polished steel sphere to discover anything.

TJ
    I understand that granite is often used for mounting equipment to but the OP's very vague about his/her claim and I hardly call a steel ball some type of gauging mechanism.

Intrestingly enough, he seems to contridict himself, by saying there is no such thing as a perfect circle in nature (or a sphere for that matter) then claiming he made one.

Very interesting. I discovered the graviton particle. Like myself, you enjoy the use of Pi.
    I couldn’t find a solid explanation for Pi, so I worked on it for 27 years. What I found is circles don’t exist. Using Tomahawk Cruise Missile grinding equipment I made the most perfect round object ever created by man. But upon very close examination, I found that it was made of atoms & the spaces between the atoms were straight lines. What I created was a polygon. They are all polygons. Circles don’t exist. Pi describes a polygon. Each digit is a new number of sides.
    Al

Comment by Alfred Herman Schrader — October 3, 2009 @ 12:21 am

Ok did some more research on this gent and his theories.

On another forum this year, he claims to have discovered a sub attomic particle the time particle (a chronoton i guess??....a nice trick considering that he likely does not have access to any of the super colliders) while working for the NPA as a scientist. I also found a few other references of him calling himself an NPA scientist.

However when I went to the NPA's web site (Natural Products Asscociation) he is not on the roster of thier scientific staff, nor mentioned in any other searchable material on thier website.

At this point his credentials as a scientist, much less a physicist are highly suspect. I also find it highly highly improbable that a single scientist would discover a graviton particle, and then a few short years later a time mediating particle, whithout there having been any published reasearch on the first discovery. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dgavin View Post
    Ok did some more research on this gent and his theories.

On another forum this year, he claims to have discovered a sub attomic particle the time particle (a chronoton i guess??....a nice trick considering that he likely does not have access to any of the super colliders) while working for the NPA as a scientist. I also found a few other references of him calling himself an NPA scientist.

However when I went to the NPA's web site (Natural Products Asscociation) he is not on the roster of thier scientific staff, nor mentioned in any other searchable material on thier website.

At this point his credentials as a scientist, much less a physicist are highly suspect. I also find it highly highly improbable that a single scientist would discover a graviton particle, and then a few short years later a time mediating particle, whithout there having been any published reasearch on the first discovery. Makes no sense.
    NPA stands for "Natural Philosophy Alliance". It is an anti-mainstream, anti-relativity organization. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    alfredschrader,

Just dropping these kinds of claims into BAUT and disappearing is not proper behavior. You either need to answer questions put to you and discuss your idea, or this thread will be closed. And this thread is your last chance to discuss your idea on BAUT, so you need to make use of it.
    Still nothing, so this thread is closed.

alfredschrader, if you wish to discuss your idea you have 30 days from the start of this thread to do so (nominally till June 25). If you return before then and wish to participate, please Report this post (the black triangle with the ! in the lower left corner) and we'll reopen this thread. But whether you return or not, this is your one and only chance on BAUT. If you do not return you may not start this discussion again at a future date.

The question: "Where does light come from ?"

This post moved from a Q&A thread

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
    Right, you just leave it in the shipyard and set about it with a blow-torch!
    All matter is made of light. In more detail, all matter is made of atoms and atoms are made of five particles, protons & neutrons in a nucleus, and orbiting electrons and gravitons. Protons and neutrons, the two heavy particles in the center of atoms, are made entirely of a fifth particle called a photon. In comparison to the protons and neutrons, photons are very small and very light. Atoms themselves are made of light.
    Matter is made entirely of atoms. Matter is made of light.

Now, you can squeeze a proton or neutron, and some of the photon particles it is made of will become dis-lodged and shoot off in all directions. I have done this squeezing test in a laboratory. It is not a theory. Quarks etc. are bundles or clumps of photon particles which have broken free.

All of this is part of a new field called Graviton Physics.

I hope this answers your question....Alfred-
    Last edited by pzkpfw; 2011-Jul-30 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Add note.