Page 2 of 138 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: We don't need no stinkin' Untrue Facts! (!!!)

And she would have gotten away with it, too, if not for us meddling kuh-niggits!
    So many bugs, so little time.

Who say "Ni! Ni! Ni!"
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. Gregory Benford

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

The Knights who say " Ni ni ni " . We will say " ni ni ni " to you untill you appease us ."

The word "appease" comes from the Viking ceremony in which peace treaties would be marked by a ritual exchange of legumes.
    I'm a cynical optimist. I think the only way out is through, but once we get through it'll be better. Very different, but better. Howard Tayler

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. Gregory Benford

Power, Lord Acton says, corrupts. Not always. What power always does is reveal. Robert A. Caro

Today is my 99th birthday!

And in celebration I'm flying tonight to Siberia, to learn how to hula dance.

Wasn't the exchange of legumes -- if not conducted properly -- followed by a quick Ni! to the groin?

Yes, that was the origin of bowing, which was exported to Japan in 1854 by Commodore Perry.

I lost my head.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

The word "ferret" remains the most used thread tag on BAUT.

That's because it is the most " Used Full " !

Register 2 is now open for posts of ten words or less.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Haiku originally had 18 syllables, but one got off for good behavior.

The Internet Governance Forum called me this morning complaining that their scans had indicated that there was a newly created and severely under-utilized forum thread somewhere in the range 174.129.33.xxx.

I'm terribly sorry that it took so long for me to respond to the emergency, I will report back immediately that the situation is out of control.

Area 51 is so named because it is 17 x 3 miles in extent. I mean, that should have been obvious.

Nearby is Yuck-A-Mountain, so named because of the Department of Energy's attempt to yuck it up with radioactive waste.

The new plan for US radwaste disposal is to send all adults a 1kg package of waste material and tell them to be careful with it.

Insurance adjusters world-wide are bracing themselves for a busy weekend. Current estimations are that several billion new catastrophic damages claims may be filed following the end of the world on Saturday.

Area 51 is where they keep the 2-dimensional aliens. A. Square is their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    Insurance adjusters world-wide are bracing themselves for a busy weekend. Current estimations are that several billion new catastrophic damages claims may be filed following the end of the world on Saturday.
    We will all go together when we go.
    All suffuse with an incandescent glow.
    No one will have the endurance
    To collect on his insurance,
    Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go.

Hmmm...I thought they kept the 2-dimensional aliens in Hollywood....

Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    Hmmm...I thought they kept the 2-dimensional aliens in Hollywood....
    I think that joke fell flat. I know, I know, you've heard that line before. Don't be such a square.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I think that joke fell flat. I know, I know, you've heard that line before. Don't be such a square.
    I am SO disappointed that you decided to delurk.

You can tell if a fact is untrue because the word "Untrue!" Will flash across your vision in big red letters. This is your brain's natural defense mechanism against untrue facts.

Noclevername, can you rephrase that post? I can't read it because the word "Untrue!" keeps flashing across my vision in big red letters.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Board Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

My microscope fell in the toilet and is now a P.Z. dispenser.

I am Henry the eighth, I am.

A pony of lager thanks, barkeep. I'm a little horse.

We have a deep need for sweet-smelling untrue facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    We have a deep need for sweet-smelling untrue facts.
    For the diabetic and hyperglycemic poster, we also offer untrue facts with artificial sweeteners.

By the way, folks, it's May 18th -- don't forget to defrag your bathtubs tonight.

Low GI sarcasm now available in a can!

I have all the knowledge in the universe.