Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Moon in all its splendor.

Exclamation The Moon in all its splendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Escamilla View Post
    I really don't care what these people say here. In fact I laugh this stuff off, but I do appreciate you all keeping this stuff on the airwaves. Sincerely - Jose Escamilla
    Hello, Mr. Jose!

I just became a member after finding out that I would be able to communicate with you here, as I greatly admire your work especially with regards to having found a way to reveil the moon in all it's splendor through your brilliant method of color application.

I have been working on images from the several craft that are, or have been on or orbiting Mars, and that have been released to the public. The trouble is again the processing that they've undergone, which leaves e.g. thick layers of e.g. JPL-NASA "Red-Planet-Red" covering all the details in the originals, and that's just one thing that bars the general public from seeing what's really there.

My request to you would be to give me some information on how to develop a standard method that would distribute color nature-identical to the surface of Mars, once its artificial color has been removed.

Sincerely,

Bert from Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by MarsTV View Post
    Hello, Mr. Jose!

I just became a member after finding out that I would be able to communicate with you here, as I greatly admire your work especially with regards to having found a way to reveil the moon in all it's splendor through your brilliant method of color application.

I have been working on images from the several craft that are, or have been on or orbiting Mars, and that have been released to the public. The trouble is again the processing that they've undergone, which leaves e.g. thick layers of e.g. JPL-NASA "Red-Planet-Red" covering all the details in the originals, and that's just one thing that bars the general public from seeing what's really there.

My request to you would be to give me some information on how to develop a standard method that would distribute color nature-identical to the surface of Mars, once its artificial color has been removed.

Sincerely,

Bert from Belgium
    Jose Escamilla hasn't posted here in almost a year and his techniques have been pretty thoroughly debunked by other posters.

Hello, Mr. Jose!

Sincerely,

Bert from Belgium
    You should start by disregarding anything Jose has done, as his methods have been demonstrated to be nonsense. The Moon is not a lush, green, life filled world, as Jose would like you to believe. (So he can sell you some swag)

There have been long discussions with Jose.

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....Jose-Escamilla

And his 'Director of Marketing', Curtis 'Bboy Peter Pan' Hedges aka DropaKing.

http://www.bautforum.com/showthread....bout-our-Moon!

Jose shows his true colors(haha) later in the first thread there, and based on his behavior I think it's safe to say that he will never see your post here.

Might I suggest Twitter or YouTube

MarsTV's post and the responses to it have been split off from this thread.

Mars TV

Jose Escamilla has not posted on BAUT in a very long time. In any case, you are now advocating his ideas, and if you are going to do that on BAUT, it is your responsibility to defend them. I stongly urge you to review the advice for Conspiracy Theory supporters and the rules of this board, particularly rule 13. They require you to do certain things as an advocate of non-mainstream ideas, such as answer all questions put to you, and to offer evidence to support them.

If you are not willing or prepared to do that, say so at once, and this thread will be closed. Otherwise, you will be expected to follow these rules.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I've watched his "Moon Rising" film, but even if you think it would be best to turn off the sound when watching it, it's still shows the wonderful effect of adding color to the Moon's surface, which allows for its craters, mountains, hills and so on to be viewed in full. Whether or not there might be any space-craft present is a matter of interpretation.

I suggest everyone take note of what Buzz Aldrin and other former Moon-walkers have to say on the matter instead of trying to be he expert themselves. Buzz himself has said there's monolite on Phobos in interviews on national tv, and photos many of you are probably familiar with, clearly show that this is the case. The Russians have stated that their space-probe Phobos 1 was taken out by an UFO when it approached Phobos.

However, the moons' being visited by aliens isn't of much interest to me. What does is the technique to change the moon's apparently dull surface into a beautifully colored landscape, so if Jose has revealed this to any of you, then please inform me how to do it, so I can try it myself, and then apply this technique to images of the surface of Mars, which is where my true interest lies.

Sincerely,

Bert from Belgium

Oh, by the way, where did I say I'm advocating his ideas???

I suggest everyone take note of what Buzz Aldrin and other former Moon-walkers have to say on the matter instead of trying to be he expert themselves. Buzz himself has said there's monolite on Phobos in interviews on national tv, and photos many of you are probably familiar with, clearly show that this is the case. The Russians have stated that their space-probe Phobos 1 was taken out by an UFO when it approached Phobos.
    Got links? When did Buzz say this, and was he grinning ear to ear when he said it? I have a hard time believing he seriously said that. I'd love to though, that would be interesting. So if you've got details of where and when he said that, please post them

Similarly with the Russians - there are lots of Russians. Which one said what you suggest they said? Link?

Cheers.

However, the moons' being visited by aliens isn't of much interest to me. What does is the technique to change the moon's apparently dull surface into a beautifully colored landscape, so if Jose has revealed this to any of you, then please inform me how to do it, so I can try it myself, and then apply this technique to images of the surface of Mars, which is where my true interest lies.
    Here's a page on color enhancing lunar images:

http://www.atalaia.org/filipe/moon/colorofthemoon.htm

You could also ask in the Astrophotography or Q&A sections, where you probably could get more input, if you want to know how to enhance colors in images. Those aren't places to propose conspiracies or ATM ideas, though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

All of Buzz's public, internal, and other quotes are at the NASA site;

Buzz

I find with the OP, the person quoted, and so many others, the same 'ol mantra; they steal NASA data and then say NASA is lying, or worse, bla bla bla....Now, the lack of critical thinking is even further promoted due to time passing. I know when I was on Jeff Rense's show, Sightings, so many times and then Art Bell and then getting sued for $60,000,000 by Bell over Hoagy's silliness, it was bad enough. Phil Platt and I, years ago, would plot with humor how to get Hoagy in his own bizarre silliness and finally we caught him in several lies and falsehoods while I was on Bell's show. Bell was not happy over that.

It's the same now, so many years later. Buzz Aldrin did not say there were bogeys with them during Apollo 11. It's a lie. He did joke all the time, with a straight face, about how there were so many 'friends' with them on high, they had to get traffic clearance's from NASA-JSC, to land on the moon. He is and was a very very funny man.

Education is such a wonderful thing, since by nature it invokes logic.

Oh well, cloudlessly, like everything else......

Robert

I suggest everyone take note of what Buzz Aldrin and other former Moon-walkers have to say on the matter instead of trying to be he expert themselves. Buzz himself has said there's monolite on Phobos in interviews on national tv, and photos many of you are probably familiar with, clearly show that this is the case.
    Buzz mentioned the 'monolith' here.

At no point did he even hint to the possibility that it was of the origin of an extra terrestrial being. He said, "When people find out about that, they're going to say, 'Who put that there? Who put that there?', Well, uh, the Universe."

The Universe does not automatically mean little green men, as you seem to be implying.

Furthermore, the definition of 'monolith' does not explicitly describe artificial objects.
    Last edited by Bobbar; 2011-Apr-12 at 12:08 PM.

Cheers for that RAMS57. I'll have a dig through and see if I can find that supposed quote from Buzz.

But even if he said that, and even if he was being serious (which I would strongly doubt), what would qualify him to make such statements ahead of others who are more closely involved in all things Mars? He went to the Moon, the earth one, not all moons and not Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Cheers for that RAMS57. I'll have a dig through and see if I can find that supposed quote from Buzz.

But even if he said that, and even if he was being serious (which I would strongly doubt), what would qualify him to make such statements ahead of others who are more closely involved in all things Mars? He went to the Moon, the earth one, not all moons and not Mars.
    You are correct. When Buzz was in the limelight a lot he went crazy with the quips, quotes, statements and they were gems, not realizing that there was a developing myriad out there who actually did not get his humor. Then, by 1996 or so, and the net was starting to really dial up for numbers, the whole commons went bug nuts with the woo-woo stuff. Now, it is far far worse. 14 years ago the founder of this forum site, Phil Platt, and I used to purview Hoagy's latest stuff, and a few others like him and their "latest". We then would try to reason with The Hoag through emails. It was fruitless. Since I was NASA and had been since STS-1 and non civil service, but a contractor, I was free agent and could and can do whatever I wanted, while Phil was concentrating on his own career and getting his Ph.D in Astronomy and the like and had to dwell on not being too public, yet. So, I went after the Hoag big time. Too fun.

Suffice to say, getting Hoag publicly was fun though Bell sure went after me and defamed me publicly for 2 years till I went after him along with the FBI and others. He is no longer in the US and will not be inside the US again in his lifetime, but that is another story, and he broadcasts his craziness now from Davao, Mindinao, P.I.. But that was a fun era.

But again, Buzz never said anything of the like and did not say such in seriousness. Again, he is a very humor filled guy, and crazy like all those wild flyboys who were the Apollo era.

Robert

Oh, by the way, where did I say I'm advocating his ideas???
    Well, I thought you were here (bolding added):

Hello, Mr. Jose!

That, to me, sounds a lot like Jose's arguments, and, by the way, you won't find many admirers here. When he was here, he didn't demonstrate basic understanding of image analysis, he seemed to think he could get information out of images that isn't there, and he made many unsupportable claims.

What do you think is being hidden on Mars?

What do you mean by "artificial color"?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by RAMS57 View Post
    14 years ago the founder of this forum site, Phil Platt, and I used to purview Hoagy's latest stuff, and a few others like him and their "latest".
    Or "Plait," even?

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    Or "Plait," even?
    I'm sure Phil will forgive....

R

n.

Sincerely,

Bert from Belgium
    There is a very good picture of the Moon in "living" color taken by Mike Deegans on his site.

Scrool down to Moon Mosaic for the color picture also description of the setup

http://mikesastroimaging.webs.com/moonmosaics.htm

Moon mosaic in "living" color image....
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lesley....onmosaic80.jpg

Buzz himself has said there's monolite on Phobos
    And there is.

The word monolith basically means 'big rock'.
    Clarke didn't coin that word, geologists did.

The Russians have stated that their space-probe Phobos 1 was taken out by an UFO when it approached Phobos.
    Some Russians have speculated that. (About Phobos 2.)

The failures of both Phobos 1 and 2 were shown to have been caused by computer errors though.
    LINK

Contrary to a popular conspiracy belief, NASA does distribute "unmanipulated" images of planetary surface, through a series of websites known as Planetary Data System. In fact, it even distributes raw spacecraft telemetry data; in PDS lingo, it is usually known as "Level 0" data.

Of course, this data is usually not in a form which can be loaded into standard image processing software. However, each data set is accompanied by a document known as Software Interface Specification, or SIS, which describes the dataset in detail down to bit level. (The idea is that you should be able to wrote your own data processing software based on the information from SIS alone).

If you read through the SIS for your favorite planetary probe, you would have quickly noticed that the notion of color on planetary images is completely arbitrary: the spacecraft camera sees colors completely differently than humans do. For example, the HIRISE camera on MRO has the "blue" color band which covers 400-600nm wavelengths, "green" which covers 550–850nm and "red" which is 800–1000nm. A human perceives 400-500nm as blue, 500-550 as green, 550-600nm as yellow and 600-750nm as red; wavelengths above 750nm as invisible. Thus, fitting the wider spectral range of a CCD camera into a smaller spectral range of human vision inevitably distorts the color.

To top that off, for certain (publicly released) images artificial color manipulation may be performed in order to increase contrast and readability; this may even employ a more advanced technique known as tone mapping, which, although produces stunning and very readable images, results in heavy color distortion. (The artificial color distortion is actually why the image becomes more readable.)

Therefore, meaningful analysis can only be performed on images taken directly from the PDS archives, not the publicity photos. Accusations of manipulating images in order to hide problematic details, such as lunar alien bases or martian vegetation, come from people who have no understanding of the data processing pipeline.

JPL-NASA "Red-Planet-Red" covering all the details in the originals, and that's just one thing that bars the general public from seeing what's really there.
    Red? When I look at Mars photos, I'd say that Mars is orange. I mean, the color is much closer to the color of the orange (fruit), than blood.

That aside, when I look at the latest HIRISE I see a lot of blue: http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/releases/apr_11.php

Quote Originally Posted by kamaz
    Red? When I look at Mars photos, I'd say that Mars is orange. I mean, the color is much closer to the color of the orange (fruit), than blood.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by kamaz View Post
    I think it looks closer to iron oxide.

The trouble is again the processing that they've undergone, which leaves e.g. thick layers of e.g. JPL-NASA "Red-Planet-Red" covering all the details in the originals, and that's just one thing that bars the general public from seeing what's really there.
    Bert you do you know that Mars was looked at long before NASA ever sent a probed don't you? That even astronomers like Percival Lowell who believed there was a canal building intelligent race on Mars reported it having that reddish colour? There is nothing stopping you or anyone else examining Mars through a telescope and seeing what it actually looks like. Don't you think that might be a more productive way of finding out the truth than playing with sliders in Photoshop?

Hi everyone. I was just finalizing my response to all of you, and I thanked and mentioned everyone of you who responded to my posts. Unfortunately, there was an error of sorts, and I only managed to press print screen to save some of the reply.

I will get back to you all later and address your requests.

Many thanks! I greatly appreciate your thoughts!

Bert from Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbar View Post
    I think it looks closer to iron oxide.
    You are correct. The actual full color description is iron oxide cadium orange. This is a near red color (rust, basically) and due to the mineral content of Mar's surface and origin. Good assessment.

Robert

Hi again. I believe you're referring to images from the Mars landers that show colour. However, I found that only the press release images are in colour, as the raw images are all in black and white.

Here's where you can verify this: http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/image...ies_lander.php

Here's one of the first pictures sent by the Phoenix lander[URL="http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/lg_638.jpg"].. In its description (http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/image...gID=638&cID=11), nothing is said about the tall white obelisk monolith near the horizon. Has any of you any idea why not?

Here's one of the first pictures sent by the Phoenix lander[URL="http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/lg_638.jpg"].. In its description (http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/image...gID=638&cID=11), nothing is said about the tall white obelisk monolith near the horizon. Has any of you any idea why not?
    Because its a light reflection or glitch in the data not a physical object?

I love how an unrecognizable smudge in the distance becomes a "obelisk monolith". There's the sort of objective eye that in an earlier era probably turned manatees into mermaids.

If it's not a data artifact, it could be a component of the descent hardware. With many possibilities, it seems a bit premature to decide that it's a 'tall white obelisk monolith'.

MarsTV, Here is a link to information on the Phoenix cameras. It will tell you how the images are formed.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviat...nboard-cameras
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple