PDA

View Full Version : To rebuke for what

basilf
2009-Dec-22, 08:57 AM
The image MOC narrow-angle image M08-04688 shows something and there are others. Why are you so quick to rebuke them. Could these image be product of crystal formations, why do you refuse to except the idea that Mars might had had more than just bacteria and possibly there is still life on Mar still grasping at surviving. You don't need a scientist to explain what they already refuse. Your like a flat earth believer even when there is proof other wise. Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist. How often have scientist been wrong:mad:. You really live up to your website name you are 'Bad Astronomy' your a disbeliever and a sceptic even if science find a another earth you will do your best to discredit. Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form I feel sorry for you.

PetersCreek
2009-Dec-22, 09:26 AM
Assuming this isn't one-time post...welcome to the BAUT forums, basilf. Please, before you post again, take some time to read our rules, linked in my signature line below. You are welcome to make reasoned arguments about potential life on Mars but you are not allowed to be insulting. Consider this a friendly but official warning to be polite.

Paul Beardsley
2009-Dec-22, 09:40 AM
Who is this directed at, basilf?

I for one would be delighted to see evidence of life on another planet, and I'm pretty certain that's the majority view on this board.

But I want real evidence.

slang
2009-Dec-22, 11:59 AM
Related threads, perhaps:

2004: Are they Marstian plants, thus meaning life? (http://www.bautforum.com/life-space/9910-they-marstian-plants-thus-meaning-life.html)

2007: Mars Vegetation? (http://www.bautforum.com/bad-astronomy-stories/57998-mars-vegetation.html)

Paul Beardsley
2009-Dec-22, 12:10 PM
I wondered if that was what was being referred to, slang.

Yeah, when I said real evidence, I didn't mean "looks a little bit like..." :)

slang
2009-Dec-22, 04:24 PM
It's hard to tell with such apparent stream of consciousness posts.. but those threads popped up when looking up the image name (http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/m07_m12/images/M08/M0804688.html) he mentioned. Maybe they're more helpful to OP than to others. Maybe the other way around.

BetaDust
2009-Dec-22, 06:55 PM
The image MOC narrow-angle image M08-04688 shows something and there are others. Why are you so quick to rebuke them. Could these image be product of crystal formations, why do you refuse to except the idea that Mars might had had more than just bacteria and possibly there is still life on Mar still grasping at surviving. You don't need a scientist to explain what they already refuse. Your like a flat earth believer even when there is proof other wise. Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist. How often have scientist been wrong:mad:. You really live up to your website name you are 'Bad Astronomy' your a disbeliever and a sceptic even if science find a another earth you will do your best to discredit. Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form I feel sorry for you.

Hi, And Welcome to Baut, Basilf.

Which is this "you/your" person, you keep talking about?

Your mind is set, your hardly a scientist.

I know, I am not a scientist.

Your the worse kind of scientist you rebuke any kind of truth in any form.
I feel sorry for you.

Not very nice of you :mad: :hand:

--Dennis

Jeff Root
2009-Dec-23, 12:06 AM
Soda squirts.

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

HenrikOlsen
2009-Dec-26, 11:21 PM
Based on the scale of the image those so-called trees would be 1800 feet/600 meters in diameter, but then the gravity is quite a bit less though still not enough to compensate.