PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Primer

bunker9603
2009-Apr-11, 04:51 PM
I am all alone this weekend (wife and kids are out of town) and I want to rent some videos to watch. I decided to do a search for the top 10 Sci-Fi movies ever made and I came across a list of the top 10 most underrated movies ever made.

The number one pick was a movie called "Primer". I have not heard of this movie and was wondering if anybody has seen it before? Here is a bit of the review:

1. Primer (2004)

This is the cheapest movie on our list (it was filmed for just $7,000), but here's some big budget praise - Primer is, without a doubt, the best time-travel movie since Back to the Future. (Sorry Bill & Ted.) This Sundance favorite revels in presenting a very smart, very complex view of time travel to its audience and never, ever resorts to short-cuts or dumbing itself down.

http://www.movieretriever.com/blog/115/Ten-Truly-Underrated-Sci-Fi-Movies

Braille
2009-Apr-16, 06:56 PM
I've seen the movie. I think the only reason I liked was for it's low budget (plus it was shot in Texas). The dialogue isn't that great. I'm not an engineer, but when I listen to the characters talk it sounds like an amalgamation of big words that make it sound like they know what they're talking about. The word 'obfuscated' comes to mind. It's an intriguing story, but time travel movies always have holes.

I think it's worth a watch.

NGCHunter
2009-Apr-16, 09:08 PM
It's a fascinating film imho, much more complicated than any other time travel movie I've seen. It's rare that a time travel movie puts limitations on the time machine the way they do, yet they still make it tangled and interesting to watch. It took me two sittings to fully understand the story.