PDA

View Full Version : Episode 25: The Story of Galaxy Evolution

Fraser
2007-Feb-26, 05:54 PM
Our Milky Way is a complex and majestic barred spiral galaxy. But 13.7 billion years ago it began, like all galaxies, from the elementary particles formed in the Big Bang. How did our galaxy grow from nothing to the hundreds of billions of stars we see today?
<br />&nbsp;<br /><br />
<a href="http://media.libsyn.com/media/astronomycast/AstroCast-070225.m4a"><strong> Episode 25: The Story of Galaxy Evolution (29.1 MB)</strong></a><br />&nbsp;<br />

Read the full blog entry (http://www.astronomycast.com/uncategorized/episode-25-the-story-of-galaxy-evolution/)

gometricnow
2007-Feb-27, 01:51 AM
For some reason this episode isnt available on iTunes. It must be the aliens stopping the transmission of information!

xandercom
2007-Feb-27, 02:18 AM
I dont have Itunes or an ipod, I just listen to the show from my laptop. Latest version wont play in media player or from the site :wall:

Please help! I was so looking forward to tonights show

SingleDad
2007-Feb-27, 02:59 AM
Two words.... Quick Time Viewer... OK I stunk at math=)

Windows Media player won't play an MP4 file.

My only /sniffle is the pictures at tiny... somebody crack the whip on the inter and get the Internet people bigger pictures.... hehehe I like to try and read the Fancy words =)

QT had a doink when I down loaded the file and tried to play it, but I played it (and loved it) just (despite the tiny pictures) from the internet.

EvilEye
2007-Feb-27, 04:29 PM
For some reason this episode isnt available on iTunes. It must be the aliens stopping the transmission of information!

They only listed the m4a version. The mp3 version is on the home page.
Here's a direct link to the mp3 version.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/astronomycast/AstroCast-070225.mp3

xandercom
2007-Feb-27, 08:31 PM
...That having a playable MP3 from the home page isnt going to stop from now on :boohoo:

I discovered I also cant listen on my pocket pc phone either :wall:

Fraser
2007-Feb-27, 09:31 PM
You should be able to just click the mp3 link and listen to it in your browser. The mp3 edition should play from your pocket PC phone.

Also, if you have quicktime installed on your computer, you'll be able to see the cool pictures that go along with the show when you click on the m4a link.

EvilEye
2007-Feb-28, 03:03 AM
I can't get any of the podcast through i-tunes.

I just go to the Astronomycast website.

I tried to use i-tunes, and they cut-off 10 seconds into the download, and that makes them show complete. But they aren't. They all come up at like 386kb.

And on the AC website, the m4a's give me a 404 error, or if they do download, the Quicktime player shuts it off after the intro with a popup saying it performed an illegal operation.

Fraser
2007-Feb-28, 03:16 AM
That's really strange. I wonder if you're being blocked by your service provider to access our shows at all. The actual shows are stored on a different website (Libsyn) from the Astronomy Cast server, so even if you can get to our site, you might not be able to download the shows.

But many other shows will be blocked for you. See if you can subscribe to Skepticality through iTunes. They're hosted on Libsyn too.

Instead of clicking on the links on our site, try right-clicking on one of the shows, and then choose the option to download it to your local computer and then play it there.

But this really sounds like you're not able to access Libsyn, where the shows are stored.

EvilEye
2007-Feb-28, 12:00 PM
That's really strange. I wonder if you're being blocked by your service provider to access our shows at all. The actual shows are stored on a different website (Libsyn) from the Astronomy Cast server, so even if you can get to our site, you might not be able to download the shows.

But many other shows will be blocked for you. See if you can subscribe to Skepticality through iTunes. They're hosted on Libsyn too.

Instead of clicking on the links on our site, try right-clicking on one of the shows, and then choose the option to download it to your local computer and then play it there.

But this really sounds like you're not able to access Libsyn, where the shows are stored.

I don't have any problem right-clicking and saving the mp3 shows from the Libsyn site. That's how I started doing it when i-tunes kept cutting the shows short on me.

I also managed to get one of the m4a versions downloaded, and as I said above, when I went to play it with the Quicktime player (Yes mine is up to date and plays other m4as fine) it plays the first few seconds, shows the Astronomycast logo, and then an error window pops up and closes the player (after I click ok).