PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Messenger

JimN
2004-Jan-11, 07:06 AM
Is anybody having problems logging into there Yahoo messenger lately?

Jim.

damienpaul
2004-Jan-11, 11:33 AM
immense problems actually, what problem are you experiencing?

thomastech
2004-Jan-11, 12:01 PM
I think the Yahoo computers are somehow tied to the Space Station...

They are also having computer problems this morning! :lol:

JimN
2004-Jan-11, 06:27 PM
For some odd reason when I turn on my PC the bubble window ask you if you want to activate programs like Yahoo messenger or anything else you have running while your on your PC are not showing up. They are suppose to show up at the bottom right side of your screen. Others on my PC is a weather bug program. It will not start even. My e mail works. I checked for a virus but found none. Even when I click on the icon it still will not start. Logins for messenger does not work even. What can be the problem?

Help!!!!!

Jim :(

thomastech
2004-Jan-11, 06:36 PM
Jim go to "Add or Remove Programs" in the control panel & REMOVE Weatherbug!

If you did not sign up for "Weatherbug"... it should not be in your program files...

Weatherbug is also "Spyware"

JimN
2004-Jan-11, 06:50 PM
I mean theres more programs to. None of the bubbles show up. What about the Yahoo login problem? Whats with that. It will not start. I checked the Yahoo files in my PC. All I can sat there are a lot there so I don't think any are missing. I was using a www.historykill.com program. Somebody said I could have erased something with that program with out knowing. Cookies and files. Stuff like that. I did reastore my PC back to a time before all this odd stuff happened but it did not solve the problem.

thomastech
2004-Jan-11, 07:55 PM
What name brand computer are you using?

...and what operating system are you using?

Littlemews
2004-Jan-11, 08:16 PM
When u visit some error website which contain some kinda virus in it, they usually auto install in ur program file folder...or ask u to install it (pop up)

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 01:02 AM
My PC was custom built for gaming. I'm not sure what the other thing you mentioned.

thomastech
2004-Jan-12, 01:45 AM
Try this:

1.Turn your computer Off

2.Tap on the F10 key, and keep tapping on F10

3.While you are still tapping on F10, turn your computer "On" (Do not stop tapping on F10)

4.This should start a "Non Destructive" System Recovery...you can stop tapping on F10

When the page comes up click on "Non Destructive" system restore.

If that does not work...

…consult the person who built your computer.

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 02:09 AM
Check this out. Tonight when I turned my PC on my tool bar on the bottom right of the screen had only three icons left on it. Volume, internet conection and the msn. My nortons was not there plus the weather bug and Yahoo messenger was not there. I went to my program files to start them up again and they started to work again. even loging into yohoo messenger worked. But when turned my nortons on again it was back to the same problem again. Nothing worked on the other programs. But nortons in on again and running fine. What should I turn of on nortons?

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 02:10 AM
I did not do that F10 thing yet.

thomastech
2004-Jan-12, 02:22 AM
I do not know about "nortons"...

Rule of thumb on running programs on your computer...

...if you do not need it...do not run it!

Try uninstalling nortons & then reinstall as you would if it were a new program.

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 02:44 AM
Go to this site. www.symantec.com . It is about Nortons.

Tiny
2004-Jan-12, 04:36 AM
Try this program : Spy Sweeper, its free and useful ^^
See : http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spyswee...eeper/index.php (http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/spysweeper/index.php)

Matthew
2004-Jan-12, 04:40 AM
Symnatec Nortan is a prgram family which includes:

Nortan AntiVirus
Nortan AntiSpam
Nortan Parental Control
Nortan Firewall
Nortan Ghost

And many more.

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 04:51 AM
OK...... What is it? And why should I use it?

Jim...

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 04:54 AM
I mean the spy sweeper.

Jim...

I have Nortons Anti Virus.

Tiny
2004-Jan-12, 04:58 AM
Like Norton Virus protect ur pc

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 05:04 AM
Thanks... So should I still check it out? I mean do I need it then?

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 06:04 AM
Maybe I should turn something off on Nortons. But what? I need the virus protecter on. But what is strange is I had the Nortons on for a long time now and nothing ever happened like this before. But like I said before it was shut off tonight and thats when all the other stuff started to work.

Littlemews
2004-Jan-12, 06:21 AM
LOL I was wondering what kinda website u visit often :lol:

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 06:36 AM
Why? Lots of games forums.

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 06:38 AM
Heres one www.ugo.com .

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 06:41 AM
Also www.rednova.com . This is a cool site.

Littlemews
2004-Jan-12, 06:45 AM
www.astronomy.com (http://www.astronomy.com) <<<< Astronomy Quiz..its fun ^^
www.skymaps.com (http://www.skymaps.com) All information about the night sky

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 06:53 AM
I&#39;ll send these sites to my mom to. She loves this stuff. Send me any other cool sites in the future OK. :)

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 07:20 AM
Any more feed back about what could be the problem with my PC?

Littlemews
2004-Jan-12, 07:26 PM
Uninstall YM, then install again

Article Site : http://www.astrobio.net/news/Topic7.html

JimN
2004-Jan-12, 09:03 PM
I did that a few times allready. Just for laughs I even found a site that had a Yahoo UK version of messenger and tried it in place of my US verion of Yahoo messenger. It did not work also plus I had a hard time getting that version of Yahoo out of my PC. But I got it out. I think its something to do with my fire wall or virus protector. It&#39;s a pop up issue. Thats were the bubble problem of mine is happening I bet. I talked to someone on the phone about it but they said they have to come over and look at my settings.

JimN
2004-Jan-13, 06:40 AM
A few weeks ago I ordered the www.historykill.com (http://www.historykill.com) for &#036;40 dollars. Today when I checked my e mail I got a pass word from them for the full version. I went to there site and keyed it in. It worked. ""Great". I thought I would get a package in the mail with a disc. But instead I got a &#036;40 password. What if this company goes under. Do I still keep the program? Are all software tools sold like this. In the add I saw a box. Where is it. That would suck if games where sold like this. I&#39;m the type of guy that likes to have something in my hands when I pay for it. They also gave me a site for a www.spykiller.com (http://www.spykiller.com) .I had a free trial version of there program in it. I tried it and you were right. Weather bug is spy ware. I looked more into the Weather bug site and they say noway to that. Hmmmm. I tried to take weather bug out but it will not get out of my PC.
Back to Yahoo messenger. Not luck with that problem too. I even tried some Yahoo tricks. But no luck :blink: . I might have to take Windows out and put it back in. That just me thinking. I did that before when I got hit with a Worm virus which costed me &#036;115. What do you guys think about this? Income tax is this month. &#036;4000 to burn. Allready have plans to getting a Radeon 9800XT and a new CD drive. Mine died 4 weeks ago. I miss my Ghost Recon and other games. I still did not do that F10 trick yet. Wanting to know what the problem is before I try it.

JimN
2004-Jan-14, 07:46 AM
Today when I sat down and started my PC up I saw that my ZoneAlarm fire wall trial had ended. Somebody set it up for me awhile back until I by a full vesion fire wall. I called them and told them about it being down. She told me to take it out of my PC until she can set another fire wall up on my PC. I took it out and after that my Yahoo messenger started to work again. Plus my Weather bug started to work again. Odd..... I want to say the firewall was the problem. Why? The problem just started with in the last 2 weeks. I been using the fire wall longer than that. Never had problems then. Then she gave me another ZoneAlarm fire wall trial to down load and when I down loaded it the problem started again. This is strainge. Still looking for the problem. Not a big problem, Just a problem. :blink: Heres a site for the firewallwww.zonelabs.com (http://www.zonelabs.com) . What do you think?

Littlemews
2004-Jan-14, 06:20 PM
u should update ur PC if u are using Mircosoft Window....

JimN
2004-Jan-14, 06:23 PM
I have 15 more updates to do.

Littlemews
2004-Jan-14, 06:31 PM
:) "

JimN
2004-Jan-15, 03:11 AM
Do you think it might solve my problems? I have not had time to do all the updates yet. I&#39;m about to head out for work tonight. But I will get them done.

JimN
2004-Jan-15, 03:15 AM
gabbyjames2003@yahoo.com

JimN
2004-Jan-16, 06:39 AM
I also heard a rumor that a Radeon 9900 is coming out with in the next 6 months. That another video card. I completed my up dates. On showed up as incomplete. How do I find it again. When I scan for new updates it tells me there are none. How do I retry the update then?