PDA

View Full Version : Telescope

u378988
2003-Sep-02, 07:42 PM
I am close to buying a telescope, I have looked around all the sites, went to a fry's electronics even to see them. I have been looking at the Celeston 10" Newtonian advanced series as a possibility or the C6 Refractor 6". I am not partial to any particualr style save I hate the look and immensive size. All that I have been reading points me to MAKS, NEWT's, and Refractor scopes anyways. I have a few objectives with the telescope, and that is in this order of objectivity. 1. Planets and moon: I want to see them clearly as possible 2. Photography: I want nice pics of the planets and moon. 3. Comets/Asteroids: Wouldn't mind observing a comet 4. Sun: Would like to see the on occasion 5. Other celestrial objects not mentioned. 1 and 2 are my main objectives, and the rest is just a bonus as far as I am concerned. I am looking to spend around $1150 (thats what the cost of the Celestron C10-NGT Advanced Series). If anyone has any helpful information, please post. I am wanting to still see Mars if possible and time is not my friend but patience is.

Future Thank-You to any responses B)

Nuttdriver
2003-Oct-13, 01:44 AM
http://forum.onecenter.com/nuttdriver/