Professional Development Opportunities
On our ever changing universe, it is getting harder and harder to stay up to date. To try and give educators a leg up on learning, we're offering teacher professional development opportunities and partnering with other programs that are also offering teach training workshops.
CosmoQuest Teacher Training
Join us for free online professional development on Nov. 10! Get an overview of Terraluna and Moon Mappers, plus join in Q & A with the CosmoQuest Education Team! All you need is a computer and an internet connection so you can view a Google+ Hangout. Times are 10:00 am CST and (repeated) 8:00 pm CST. RSVP for Session 1 for 10:00am OR for 8:00 pm.
A second online PD session is scheduled for Nov. 17. This will be a more in-depth and interactiveversion of the Nov. 10th session. More details to come. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this session.
Galileo Teacher Training Program (EU focused)
- Deadline: April 16, 2012
- Dates and Places:
- Oct 29 - Nov 2, 2012 Portugal
- Sep 10 - 15, 2012 Portugal
- Things to know: from GTTP website "In order to participate in these training events you need to fill the pre-registration form. We will send you a certificate or your pre-registration. With this document you have to apply to your national Comenius and Gruntvig Agency. If you succeed in your application you have to let us know (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible in order to confirm your participation and give you further information related to the course payment and other practical details. If you register your interest but don't proceed with your full registration you have also to inform us so that we open your place to other participants that might be interested in the event."
NASA Teacher Training (US Focused)
Lunar Workshops for Educators
- Deadline: To be Determined
- Dates and Places:
- June 4-8, 2012, Durango Discovery Museum, Durango, CO, USA
- June 18-22, 2012, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY, USA
- June 25-29, 2012, Lunar and Planetary Institute, Houston, TX, USA
- July 9-13, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD, USA
- July 30-Aug 3, Museum of the North, University of Alaska, Fairbanks, AK, USA
- Things to know: from LRO Website "Grade 6-12 science teachers are invited to attend a workshop focused on lunar science, exploration, and how our understanding of the Moon is evolving with the new data from current and recent lunar missions." [ learn more ]